Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend in Tuscaloosa!

After work on Friday Al and I headed to Tuscaloosa for the weekend. On Saturday, they were having a National Champioship celebration for the team so of course we had to be there! We had the best weekend and laughed a lot. Here is a run down of the weekend. We went to eat at our FAVORITE restaurant Friday evening.
Here is my plate after I finished with it! I have not cleaned my plate like this in a very long time so you know how good my sampler platter was. It included smoked chicken with white sauce, catfish, fried crawfish, and fried crab claws. YUMMY!

Our waiter ask us if we had a place to stay yet, and we said "no". He told us good luck because he had heard there were no hotels left. So, we take off to find a hotel and we found one.............all I have to say is we slept in our jeans, socks, sweatshirts, on top of the covers. It was a rough one and next time I will just sleep in the car!!! Lots of laughs that night!!!


The next morning we got up to a continental breakfast which consisted of donut sticks and pecan twirls. We were starving for lunch so we headed to Baumhower's Wings and stuffed ourselves with cheese fries and buffalo chicken salads. Again, YUMMY! After that we headed to the stadium to Celebrate with the National Champions the Alabama Crimson Tide!










No comments:

Post a Comment